5 Things Not to Expect at Pilates!
Thinking of trying out Pilates or getting back to an exercise program? Here's our list of the top 5 things NOT to expect during your Pilates session (virtual or in studio)!
1. Don't expect to feel bad about not exercising or not being in as good of shape as you think you should be. It happens to everyone and we will help you realize that getting back into shape is easier than you think.
2. Don't expect to be so sore that you can't walk down the stairs or lift your arm to brush your hair. We know that exercise does not need to leave you in pain to be effective. You can expect to get a great workout that is perfect for your body!
3. Don't expect to do the same exact thing every session. Each class or session is designed to meet your needs on any given day and those needs are constantly changing. Expect us to tailor your exercises to your body and continually challenge you with new variations and movements.
4. Don't expect to be able to do everything perfect the first session or even your 100th session. (I know, this one is hard for most of us and especially if you tend to be a perfectionist!) Pilates is designed to safely challenge your body and your mind so that you can continue to evolve to the best you! Try not to be so judgmental toward yourself and KNOW that the benefits of Pilates are more dependent on you doing it on a regular basis rather than how perfectly you do it!
5. Don't expect to dread coming in to the studio to exercise. In fact- most of our clients look forward to coming in (or signing in to a virtual class)! This may be hard to believe if you have always been a person who just doesn't like to exercise, but you'll have to trust us on this one! Here's how to get started: email us at email@example.com for more info and to set up your first virtual or in-person session.